One of our past featured bloggers, Erin of The Almond Eater, shared an awesome chicken salad recipe that’s great for a light and cool summer lunch—the perfect remedy if you might have overdone it just a bit on Memorial Day. (Side note: we’ve posted a cardio challenge for the same reason.) But without further ado, here’s her recipe!
Cottage Cheese Chicken Salad Sandwich
2 chicken breasts
2 cups grapes, sliced in half
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup Craisins
2 cups cottage cheese
2 tbsp mayonnaise
Pepper to taste
1. Cook chicken as you normally would. I baked mine in the oven and then placed them in a frying pan with a dash of olive oil.
2. After the chicken is cooked, shred/cut into smaller pieces and place in a medium-large bowl.
3. Add grapes, almonds and Craisins to the bowl.
4. Add mayo, cottage cheese and pepper; stir until everything is mixed together.
5. Store in the refrigerator and serve on whole grain bread.
Want more recipes from The Almond Eater? Check our her savory & sweet meals and snacks